Thinking about applying for the Caleb Scholars Program? Start here!
In addition to reading the Program Policies, please read the information on this page closely, as well as the Deadlines & Degrees and FAQ’s pages. We look forward to seeing your application!
Several of our Eligibility Requirements have changed. All prospective applicants must read our Program Policies [PDF] prior to submitting an application. Eligibility is determined by meeting the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a tribe located in Norton Sound, Northwest Arctic Borough, or Arctic Slope Borough
- Enrolled in a preferred degree program at an accredited university
- Already have completed 36 credit hours
- Registered for a full-time course load for the upcoming semester (12 credit hours for undergraduates, or full-time equivalent for graduate students)
A complete application packet consists of:
- Signed scholarship application [PDF] or scholarship application [DOC]
- Official documentation of your tribal status;
- Paper or electronic copies of your unofficial university transcripts (email to email@example.com);
- Class registration for the upcoming semester (at least 12 credit hours);
- Two letters of recommendation; and,
- Responses to all three (3) essay questions.
The Caleb Scholars Program Steering Committee will meet according to our Program Policies to discuss each application and make final selection decisions.
All applicants will be notified of their selection status within 3 to 5 weeks of the application due date.